Monday, August 20, 2012

happy birthday marco

soooo, continuing my post yesterday.

I have just graduated from one of the suckiest major you could afford to have. honestly, i regret how my parents let me make my own decisions. again i say, i was 18 at that time. how should i know which is the right decision, i mean the choice will affect my whole life. i don't get how you're supposed to make a decision sooooo big at the age of 18. honestly, i'm not much of a rebel, and i was pretty clueless back then, i didn't think i would object if they made me take another major. but well, what's done is done. it was my fault too for not looking things up more. but again, how should i know. 4 years in college and i've just learned that it's THIS tough to get a job and earn a decent living.

in a nutshell, i don't think i have the skill to apply for a job in my area, but if i apply for a job in another area i will lose to people who actually majored in things related to that job.
i feel that i will never in a million years get a decent-paying job if i only rely on the degree that i have now. so i feel the need to have a masters degree, BUT in order to obtain that, i will need at least 2 years of experience.

sooooo, i am kind of stuck between a loop here. i need a job, but i will need a better degree for one. to get a degree, i will need a job first.

well, there are a lot of degrees that don't require work experience, but what worries me the most is that i can't afford to pay for a masters degree and i don't have what it takes to earn a scholarship.

so right now i am stuck as stuck as i can get. seriously. there is nothing much i can do really.

i'm i can't just stand here and cry over spilt milk, i have thought of a few things to make things right. i hope you don't mind me sharing them here.
1. i'd like to go to china and study business chinese for a year. i will go back, try to find a job and work there for 2 years, see what comes up from my job.
2. i'd like to go to china and study business chinese for a year and then i will apply to a pre-master at UK and then apply for a masters degree.

either path i take. i hope to god it's the right decision

No comments: