Thursday, August 26, 2010

korean friends

this post is really unimportant so i suggest you skip in haha.

amidst this korean madness, i can't help but reminisce about the koreans back in australia. just like the international schools here, we asians just don't fit to well with the americans, the australians the european. they're nice, but when it comes to school and playtimes, we just can't get along that much.
most of my friends are asian, but more than half of them are koreans. there are sooo many koreans in australia haha. my first korean friend was called kwang nam. he's this fat boy with an extreme hairdo at such a young age. he's even dyed his hair haha. i remember him making a joke that when you meditate with that buddha pose, you right hand signals the sign god and your left hand signals 'give me some money'. haha. kwang nam also thought me how to say anyong hashimnika (correct me if i'm wrong) which i think means good morning. for some reason, me and kwang nam use hang out in the same area so he is the person i meet the most outside of school. i also know his mother which was this really nice korean lady and when i meet her i would say anyong hashimnika.
my second korean friend is probably one of my best friends back in australia. it was this girl named jenny. her korean name was eunjang. jenny was really really nice and we played a lot. she lives in this beautiful house near school. There was 2 things i could remember about her, her birthday which was celebrated at her house after school. her mum cooked really really yummy korean food. i mean, they were REALLY good. i remember one of my bule friends didn't really like the korean food and made some comments about them and jenny was like "you shouldn't say that :(" and i was like "how could you not like these they're so delicious. on my last day of school, jenny came to my class (we weren't in the same class) and gave me a farewell present. i think that was the sweetest. it was a pack of bunny shaped korean made erasers where you can mix and match the bunny's clothes.
well, actually they were so many koreans and when we were playing a game such as dodge ball they would be in one team and speak korean and we'd have NO idea what they're saying and they'll end up winning. haha
sometimes i wonder if they still remember me. i tried looking up in facebook but i don't think facebook is that 'in' in korea. sometimes i wish that one of them ended up as k-pop stars and i'll recognize them immediately haha.
i once remember looking through Dolly mag, the aussie magazine, and they were giving out hunk posters like they always do and there was my friend who really was hot since he was 10. to bad i didn't keep the magazine. it would be nice if that occurred to the koreans as well. lol

No comments: