Wednesday, February 11, 2009

sony reader

so i'm still waiting for my sony reader to come. honestly, i CAN'T WAIT till i get my hands on them! those things are a major blast in the US, well at least that's how i see it. the second amazon kindle was out, they had tonnes of orders and now there's kindle 2 and oprah winfrey also loved those things. as we all know, whatever oprah likes, the crowd is sure to follow. lol

aaaaah can't that reader just arrive NOW!!!!!! i've been thinking about the many books i'm going to keep in it. sad thing is, that things has quite a bunch of flaws. here are some which has been bothering me.
-books are books. cover and pages. that's the art of it. like what one of stephen king's character said,'things that are on paper lasts longer than those on screen.' it just feel's weird reading a book that's not a book.
-i can't pick book covers anymore
-bookshelves are also a form of art, who'd want a bookshelf if they can bring around a portable library
-i just came up with this one but if more and more people are buying those things, libraries could go extinct!!! well, maybe not, but they'll be worse than they are now(in indonesia i mean)
-I CAN'T LEND MY BOOKS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the last one, THAT is my biggest burden. lending books to people is one thing that I LOOOOOVEEEEE to do. a lot of my books are actually 'on rent' right now. i love it when people come up to me to ask me if i have a certain book they want, and if i have it, i'll lend it! and sometimes, it's pretty upsetting if someone wants to borrow a book but i don't have it. i really wish i could lend it to them. but what bothers me the most is if i had read a book and someone wants to borrow it from me but i don't own it, i borrowed it.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH i still want to be able to lend books!!!!!!!!!

my books which are currently 'on rent':
  1. rant-chuck palahniuk
  2. a catcher in the rye-J.D. Salinger
  3. Harry potter and the deathly hallows-J.K. Rowling
  4. Gossip Girl-Cecily von Ziegesar
  5. The Little Prince-Antoine de saint Exuperie
  6. Roald Dahl's book of ghost stories
  7. The Alchemist-Paulo Coelho
  8. All my Roald Dahl collection which consist of more than 5 books
yeah, that's all the ones that i remember. i often forget. don't care really, as long as people are happily reading. makanya, sedih ni, kalo sampe tau ga bisa minjemin buku lagi ke orang soalnya mulai sekarang gw ga bakal beli buku lagi kayanya. huhu

No comments: