Monday, December 15, 2008

i'm not alone!

like i said before, i LOVE visual bookshelf. i came across a girl who is also a fan of palahniuk and burgess like i am! and this is what she thinks about twilight. haha

The nicest words I can use to describe this disastrous peice of fiction are "juvenile" and "uninspired". I question whether Stephenie Meyer has ever read a real peice of vampire fiction in her entire life. After getting halfway through the book I realized how flawingly adjusted the book felt. I have no doubt that the reasoning for this is that Meyer originally meant this to be an adult book but composed such a dreadful work that she adjusted it to be marketed towards naiive teenage girls. The sexual tension between Bella and Edward is interesting and at times almost kept me glued to my seat. Unfortunately, even though this tension is the center of the story, Meyer fails to develope it as much as she could have and immediately dives into other conflicts. If you enjoy looking smart while reading children's fiction than this is the right book for you. If you truly want to indulge in intelligant literature, however, look elsewhere. The classic authors, such as Stroker and Matheson, seem to be the only ones who continue to deliver a satisfying, powerful punch.

i agree about the sexual tension part. that kept me glued to the book and it is the centre of the story. for me that is. but meyer fails to develop it and starts going to other things leaving the sexual tension hanging in mid air. not fun!

No comments: