Thursday, January 22, 2009

writing

lately, like what i've written before, my life has been going pretty smooth and i constantly thank god for it. but being given minds as a normal human being, i have to release my thoughts somewhere. realize it or not, we always focus our thoughts somewhere. like when we have a lot of things going on and bugging our mind, that's where our thoughts go. since my life is smooth and a ok and it's the holidays so i don't have to worry about studying as much as i have to on normal school days, i have been realizing quite an amount of unnecessary focus on unimportant things like mmmmm my ex.
i mean seriously, come on, move on, that happened months ago and you're just wasting time thinking about nearly impossible chances and other hopeful dreams when i could just be plain productive.
so last night, i decided to focus my energy on other things. other things which are more useful for me. so off my mind goes, wandering off to god knows where until it decided to stop at the memory of me joining and essay writing contest back in high school. back then, i did this essay writing competition and i remembered those 2 hours being given to finish the essay, i had the time of my life. seriously. i chose a topic which really relate to me religiously and philosophically. the topic was 'who am i?' i remember writing it and it was soooo much fun, i put reference from the many books i've read and i ended up winning 3rd place! haha. it wasn't first but at least i won out of all those contestants and the important thing is i had fun whole doing it.
then i remembered karya tulis. since i was sooo addicted to south park and the simpsons at that time, i decided to pick a topic on adult cartoons. how they effect on the watchers and stuff like that cause i feel like south park really does have a really big effect on my life and the way i think. even though i kept being drawn to watch naruto those time, i managed to finish my karya tulis and i was actually happy with the result and i enjoyed writing it. usually, i can't stop once i begin even though it's pretty hard to start. i remember going to my teacher to consult, she always says that it's good and she kept asking me if it was really me who did it or my mum. hahaha. it was me and me alone haha. my mum also got a chance to read it and she said she liked it and if i was serious in writing it i could actually make something of it. well it's pretty obvious why she liked it, it's her area of expertise.
then i remembered my journal. my journal which i have been neglecting for quite a long time now. my journal which on the first page says,'writing has been an important part of my life and always will be.'
intinya, i miss writing!!!!! seriously, my blog may be crappy and all but when i'm in the zone, i really get in the zone. i use to write in my journal all the time and i could go on forever not realizing i've wrote pages and pages. in high school, i've always loved meddling with articles. whether to turn an interview into a text or vice versa or simply making a report. god i miss those days.
from now on, i'm going to make my blog a little more serious. i admit i am not that very god at writing. but i enjoy doing it more than anything.

god it feels good to be productive.

No comments: